Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Montevideo, Uruguay West

Monday, August 12, 2013

Eye Trouble

Here is just a little update on a little adventure I had this past week. First, just know that I am ok, and all is well. Ok,so on Wednesday we were preaching the góspel the same as any other day. We got to the house of a menos active, we call him tio Billy. Anyways, we pass through the gate when a pain so so bad hits my eyes. It's like a burning pain that just kills. I sit down in his house as they try to get wáter in my eyes but it's not working. Then the pain begains to spread from my left to my right eye. It becomes unbearable. We call our misión dr. and she said that I need to get to the hospital right away. We are on the other side of town, it's 7:30 and I am blind. So we call a taxi. About 20 mins later he shows up and takes me to the hospital in Tranqueras. They try to calm me down but it is just not happening. They use some numbing thing. Elder lamb says I passed out at this point. I believe him. The dr. at the hospital says that I need to go to Rivera to see the dr. there. The last bus leaves from Tranquerase to Rivera at 8:00 and we were not going to make it. The dr. said if the pain comes back I can't get the medicine again, that it's better if I go to Rivera to see the dr. that night., but there is no way to get there. So we have no choice but to stay the night. I recieve about 50% of my vision again when we walked home. The medicine they gave me made me tired and so I just went straight to bed. We woke up at 5.30 to catch the first bus to Rivera. We had the Hermanas who had the hospital in their área meet us at the bus terminal. We walked to the hospital, waited for about an hour to be seen and we were seen by a Dr. assistant. He looked at me, gave me Tylenol and sent me away. The hermanas that were with us got mad at this and demanded that I see a real dr. He said he could not allow it for whatever reason which I was somewhat ok with. Not to say I don't distrust the hospitals down here, I just don't trust them. ;) Picture a WWII  MASH unit., that's about what it was. ;) He said I either had an alergic reaction to something, or a virus called quadras- I dont know. At night I still can't see through shadows and I have a headache that won't leave- We called the dr. for the misión again, and she said that I need to go back and see him in Rivera this Tuesday. So we will see how this goes.
I am fine, remember that, it's just an interesting time right now. ;)
Love you all,
Elder Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment