Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Montevideo, Uruguay West

Monday, January 27, 2014

Hospital Stay and Musical Miracle

Wow, has this week been a roller-coaster. Never have I been so up, and so down, so all over the place. I have been better, I have been worse. I am keeping myself hydrated as best I can, sometimes it just gets ahead of you a bit- but now I am as good as new.
With all the experience I now have with the hospitals I am doing tours for the other missionaries. Today I came into Central because one of the missionaries did not know how the whole system worked, so I was more than willing to lend a helping hand to those suffering. ;) 
I am learning more and more about myself, some of the things I like what I am finding, but most of them no, so maybe I will be unrecognizable by the time I get home- who knows?  I am totally bummed that I can't go to the Gilbert Temple. I know that it will be just beautiful. It's the biggest one that the church has built in 15 years! That's pretty cool. While I was a bit under the weather this past week I got to watch some church news and one of them was channel 12 news and they had a bit on it. 
Speaking of fasts, this fast Sunday we are doing a special fast as well. It's for the reactivation in the stake. We have 1500 menos activos, entoces. We can use a little help getting them back on our side. More than nothing that is who we have been working with, just tons of menos activos. I love being a missionary. A hard part about it is listening to everything, the good and the bad. And with 1500 menos activos we listen to our fair share of bad stories. It's hard to go from house to house with animo, ready to share good news, when all they have is bad news to share. Drugs are still a problem here, we had few issues the other day on that topic, but we are making it. 
The work is going  well. I am immersing  myself in the culture, so that's nice. I love Spanish music, I love speaking it, (when i can) it's not given to me everyday. ;) I love writing in it, I love signing to it. I play every Sunday in the capilla, and here is a cute little milagro from the other day. On Sunday they come up to me so that I can pick the songs for Sunday. Well this Sunday we were late in our other classes so they picked them for me, and well I could not play one of them,. I did not know it. The others yes, but this one, the closing hymn I did not know. While I was sitting in sacrament meeting, I was thinking I have to work at and on my talents, not just be content with what I have. I prayed the whole sacrament meeting that I would be able to do it. Then when the closing hymn was announced, I got up, walked to the piano, and played the intro. I read the music, and I counted, and I prayed that it was what it was supposed to sound like. At the end of the intro, the music lady looked at me, smiled and nodded her head to begin. And so I played it, and they sang, and it was the same song! I was like ! yay!!! So that was super fun. It's now marked in my book of songs that I can play. It's awesome to developed our talents for the blessings of others. So all of you who are reading this, who have the talent of writing, who have yet to write me a letter, consider this a story you can use to give you courage to do the impossible, and be a bit daring, and write me. ;) 
I pray all is well with you and yours and the moisture comes soon. It's been cold and cloudy these past few days, so we are getting at least a break from the heat, that I am ok with. ;) 
I love you all so very much! I have completed 9 months. 3/8s of the way! Wow, that's pretty cool! 
Vayan Con Dios. 
Elder Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment