Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Montevideo, Uruguay West

Sunday, June 2, 2013

CCM departure

I am leaving Tuesday morning for Uruguay around 4 or 7 I am not sure yet. The word on the street is that I will be able to call home. Whenever a missionary is traveling (distance) they get to call, so since we are flying we get to call.  Since we have been proselyting the time has gone by so fast, but I am definitely ready to leave. I have a solid ground in Spanish, and I know that the more I just talk in it the better and faster I will grow.  Every group of Latinos that come in I try to talk with. The first group, there was no talking; the second, more but nothing solid. This last group is awesome. I stayed up two nights ago just talking to a Peruvian about his life and I understood it all! That was awesome! So I know that I will get it, I just have to get there. Yesterday we got to go see Elder Q. L Cook, it was the first and maybe last time these Latinos would see an Apostle, and  the spirit in the meeting was just awesome. We got to meet him and shake his hand, it was just awesome. In Buenos Aires there are tons of riots going on, and so yesterday they got so bad that most of the highways were shut down. No one was allowed to go anywhere, so we left 4 hours early and took the crowed back streets in this HUGE!! bus to go see him at the South mission home. So because of that not all the missionaries got to go see him, but we were lucky enough to. It's a lot colder than you would imagine, but I am getting by. I only have 4 more days then the real work begins. While I have been here I have realized something, that I was called to the Buenos Aires CCM mission for a reason. There were people here that only I could teach, like my companion. I was the only one that he could have had to teach him. He still has a long way to go, but I believe that if he keeps doing all that he needs to that he will be blessed with the opportunity to fulfill all of what God needs him to do. I love and miss all of you so very much and pray for you always. 

Elder Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment