Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Montevideo, Uruguay West

Monday, September 2, 2013

Tanqueras' First Baptism

So, a little update. ;) I have my new comp, I love him. He is Brazilian and is helping me a ton in both my Spanish and my Portuguese. He speaks English, but I don't talk to him. This past week has been totally hard trying to adjust, showing him where everyone is at, and being senior comp and all that. I am in Rivera right now. We went to Brazil early today, and played a game a futball, which is really just a game to kill the Gringos. We go to Masoller still, I love that. We are meeting totally awesome people and I don't want to leave. My Spanish is coming along, and I have found myself laughing so much more. I understand jokes, and now I am feeling a part of things. I am doing well with the whole new calling.  It is hard, now I feel even more responsible for the people in the rama now. We have been moved from just the president of the Elders Quorum, to counselor in the Branch Presidency, to the president as well. He is having a meeting with the stake president this Wednesday and then he will let us now exactly what we will be over. I am looking forward to it.
I hear that you are all getting big and fat, with babies that is, I am so excited. I  can't wait to see pictures. I still don't know what Kelsie is having , and that is super fun for me. I can't wait till November. I have talked about him/her to all of Tranqueras, so I better get pictures to show. ;)
That's  about all I can think of for now. Thank you for all that you do, and the prayers in my behalf. I hate to be selfish, but I needed them. Don't worry, you are getting your fair share of prayers from my end as well. ;)
Vaya Con Dios,
Elder Brewer
The first picture is the ghetto. We had to leave the church, but it took 6 hours to fill the font and the hot water heater would not stay on by it's self so we used the propane tank, and two primary chairs to keep the button pushed in.;)
Me and Camila and Elder Lamb and Gricelda 
Me posing as usual on the roof in Rivera Uruguay ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment