Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Montevideo, Uruguay West

Monday, September 23, 2013

Searching for the lost

I am doing well, and awesome! Here is a bit of the work that we have been doing out in the vineyard of the Lord. Due to recent changes we have changed our focus from investigators to Menos Activos (less active). We need to double the attendance in the sacrament meeting. With our numbers out in Tranqueras being 15 in the sacrament meeting we need only to get it to 30, but that is a task a mile high. We have done our best looking for Priesthood holders, but all that we have are surly diamonds in the rough, and I mean rough but there is one, and he is who I am really working for. He is a menos activo, he has the Melchizedek Priesthood, he works in Brazil as a crane operator. With a lot of time away he quickly fell away, bringing with him a mistress and a child. After meeting with us a few times he has done all that he can do to come back. He has done all that he needs to be fellowshiped once more. He is now a strong member. He still has not received the Melchizedek, but he is on the way. There are those that have gone far, there are those who have just let go. We need to find all of them. Sometimes going out to find them is difficult, some are hiding under rocks, and won't come out to save there lives. Some have tasted of wonderful fruit and have been ashamed and want no part of anything but we work with them all. I feel like a firefighter, I don't want anyone in the great and spacious building when it falls. I want them all on firm ground by the tree where everyone else will be. My Spanish is now perfect, much much better. I was thinking about this, if I could go back to the CCM with the Spanish I have now, I feel like I could really learn something from the teachers, (sorry I am Uruguayan ) ( a person from Uruguay?) very distracted, and always going off topic. ;) I still  point a lot, and describe things in whatever way I can. At the baptism we had, I could not describe the Holy Ghost really well, so I just said something along the lines of when you do what you are told, when you follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost, the Holy Ghost is very happy with you and he does a little dance.  Then I preceded to do a little dance so that everyone could see. 1, yes it was fun and cute, but that the Holy Ghost really is happy when we follow his whisperings 2. it showed that it is important to be happy. Even when the holy ghost comforts us when we are sad. we can all do a little dance to be a bit happier- since then, the members come up to me and say, "have you been listening to the holy ghost?" and start dancing. It's really cute and I always say SI!! and do my little dance. ;) It's super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment