Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Montevideo, Uruguay West

Thursday, May 9, 2013

More CCM

Ok, I am doing well, they cut down on the horse meats so that's good I guess  ;) I got a letter from Bridgette from when it was stamped till I got it was two weeks so just keep that in mind. My day to day life is very routine: Up at 6:30, breakfast at 7, class at 8. We just moved districts. My companero is no longer district leader so I have full power now. New Latinos are coming in today so we are switching rooms, so yeah. I have pictures so I will try to send them. We will see how that goes. My class district has 12 people in it. This group of people you stay with for your stay so we learn the language together, we prosalite together, so it was sad when we broke up the district of Nife that I was in. Now I am in Mormon. On Saturday we have prosaliting  so I am scared about that. It will just be me and Watkins- I thought that we would get a missionary who is out there but no its just going to be us. They drop us off and tell us to meet them somewhere that night, and good luck. So that will be interesting.
I read and pray so often, my life now it seems is one big prayer. My companion has not firm understanding in the gospel, so our lessions we teach are slow because I have to teach him how to teach, or what to teach. So that as been frustrating on me.
Elder Nelson though is my best friend here. We are chainging into the same room, so that's nice. We are going running together during actividad, which is everyday, so that's awesome. I am not afraid of being mugged or robbed. I am afraid they will take my backpack. We are going in to downtown Buenos Aires south, which from what my teacher said is like Harlem of New York.

I hear the train all the time, so I like that. The temple is closed till next week, so on Thursdays staring next week we will get to go, so that will be awesome.
 
My past room mates came from Chile, they came from such humble circumstances that I was amazed at their faith. They left on Tuesday to go out, they only spend 2 weeks here. So in the hallway of the doorms we sang called to serve. We filled the CCM. it was just awesome. Everything is in Spanish of course. The hymns they sing are just beautiful. I love the way Latins sing. We try but we fail.
 
I play in sacrament meetings when they need me to. I get to take as many showers as I can, which usually come to 3. One in the morning, one during actividad and one at night. I am getting as many showers in as I can till I am stuck with using a bucket
 
The CCM is like a hotel, but way poorer then what we are used to back in the states.
All the rooms are one floor and each side has a bathroom with showers, all stalled and what not. It's nice enough and clean, so I don't complain. An Elder from my district, Elder Brown, loves LOVES the bade. I don't know how you spell it, the European toilet thing. I guess they are a big thing down here. I like them well enough, it's definitely something you get used to, not something you can just jump right on and enjoy.
 
Vaya Con Dios is a saying I came up with while I was here. It means Go forth with God. I like it and use it in all that I do.
 
I love you so very much! All of you Dad, Dana, Kelsie, Jonny, and of course Kayson. I can get pictures so send them as well  ;)
 
Your son with love,
Elder Brewer

No comments:

Post a Comment